Seeding New Lawn
- Prepare seed bed by removing debris and large rocks, then tilling to 4 to 6 inch depth.
- Smooth soil by raking or dragging.
- Spread recommended fertilizer for your particular soil condition.
- Sow seed evenly at recommended rate of: 8 to 12 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Incorporate seed and fertilizer into soil with very light raking.
- Cover seed with seed topper or finely screened organic compost to a depth no greater than ¼ inch.
- Roll surface with medium weight roller to firm soil around seed.
- Keep the surface moist with frequent light waterings. Seed will not germinate in dry soil.
- Remove as much loose grass and weeds as possible.
- Loosen soil with renovator or rake as necessary to expose soil.
- Apply fertilizer.
- Sow seed evenly, taking extra care on bare spots.
- Firm the soil around seed with roller or packer.
- Keep soil moist until seed has germinated.
Planting and Care
Are you looking for something specific? Do you have a Question?